The requirements for the operation of unmanned aircrafts in commercial and semi-professional purposes have changed fundamentally in the past years in Europe and worldwide. ( FAA ) The regulations will get even more strictly in the future.
Depending on the application, the weight, the purpose, the situation, the flight area, spectators and some more reasons, SAFETY is becoming increasingly important.
Single point of failure and redundancy became the keywords for permissions and certifications from authorities and insurances.
Among other parts inside a system, redundancy of the autopilot system is meanwhile mandatory to follow the rules. Especially multicopters are very instable in their flight characteristics when it comes to malfunction of the stabilization system.
We therefore developed a redundancy circuit board which is an automatic monitoring and controlling bridge between two independent running autopilot systems, a mutual protection in case of malfunction in an autopilot system. Even if both autopilots fail (power supply, freezing controller…), the forwarding of the control signals for a manual flight of the aircraft, Delta or Helicopter is guaranteed.
This system also offers the possibility to switch manually between two different autopilot systems to test different software and sensor setups. Another benefit of the AutoPilot-Manager is that only one telemetry module is needed to monitor data of both autopilot systems (except for DJI autopilots, here you need two downlinks, from each autopilot seperate).
AutoPilot-Manager is a safe attendant for flying and testing of your unmanned aircraft.
The AutoPilot-Manager will be shipped with the following cables and connectors:
- 3×10 Pin DF13 plug with cable
- 1×6 Pin DF13 plug with cable (2 red and 2 black cables for the power supply)
- 2×4 Pin DF13 plug with cable for the ALIVE (I2C, 3DR family)
- 2×4 Pin DF13 plug with cable for the CAN Signals (DJI family)
- 2×6 Pin DF13 plug with cable for Telemetry input 1+2 (3DR)
- 1×5 Pin DF13 plug with cable for the SERCOM Port and GPIO 3
- 1×6 Pin DF13 plug with cable for Telemetry output (3DR)
- 1×4 Pin DF13 plug with cable GPIO Connector 1+2
As well as:
- All the counterparts in DF13 sockets
- 3x3x8 Pin 0.1” Header for the servo signals
- 4x1x3 Pin 0.1” Header for the PPM signals and the power-supply
- 1x2x2 Pin 0.1” Header for the LEDs and buzzer
- 1x Micro-USB cable for configuration
- 1x USB to serial TTL-converter for firmware update
NOTE: On request also 90° Pin-Headers available, as well as a case for the board. Please contact us if you need the 3D-printing file.
And of course the relevant:
- Configuration Software (*)
- Complete manual (*)
- Firmware (if needed) (*)
- Driver (*)
(*) downloadable after purchase